1996 Ford Contour Idles Rough

Hey guys

My 96 Contour GL (4 cylinder Zetec 2.0 Litre) runs rough when idling. I mean i start the car, idles high for a moment, then standard idling is fine. I put it in Reverse, and back out of my parking, then put in DRIVE, and as soon as i start to move slowly, car sounds like its gonna stall then i step on the gas and it goes FAST lol....get to Tim Hortons and hold the brake while i wait (still in Drive) i hear the rpm go up and down and up and down...doesnt sound like its gonna stall but doesnt stay constant...also hesitates when chaging gears...usually 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th...i can hear the transmission hesitating as if not sure whether to change gears or not...downshifting it goes no problem....acceleration is awesome still...this maybe 2 problems...any advice on what to check or do? Thanks guys, im just starting to get mechanically inclined...LOL

Ken ken snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca

Reply to
Ken

Ken opined in news:JHgUc.9032$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Could be the Throttle Position Sensor.. TPS. Lot of those symptoms point to the possibility

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic