2002 Ford Taurus vibration, Please help!

I just had my Taurus serviced at the dealer today for an oil change and tire rotation. After it has been serviced, I drove it home and noticed it was vibrating no matter how fast I was going. It seems that the rear tires
are vibrating. It could be all four. My vehicle has 37,000 miles on it. Everything else seems to be fine. What's causing the problem? Any ideas? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
~CyberWolf
snipped-for-privacy@together.net says...

When they rotated the tires, they could either have damaged them, not tightened the lugnuts properly (check that IMMEDIATELY), or they are not quite mounted properly. It's possible a wheel weight came off, or something is preventing a wheel from sitting flat on the hub.
I would get this checked IMMEDIATELY. A bad lugnut or improperly mounted wheel could break or even fall off. Continued vibrations could damage wheel bearings over time.

My brother said the exact same thing. I will jack up my car tomorrow and check them. I will look for the wheel weights and make sure the tires are mounted properly. I don't think they are mounted properly. There may be missing wheel weights. (Replacement wheel weights aren't too expensive.) After I returned home from the dealer, their service department was already closed. I was boiling mad. However, I politely e-mailed thier service depatment manager notifying him the problem. I hope things work out with him. I find it hard to believe that they won the Ford President's Award for last year and they screwed up on my car today.
~CyberWolf
Most likely some balance weights were removed, either deliberately or accidentally, from one or more wheels. Or, some sort of internal thread separation has occurred. Still, I do not see how this could have occurred and you did not notice it before. They got you..

It was most likely there all the time and now you just noticed because you had the car in for service. Most likely cause, tires.

Do you have the Firestone tires?? My family has ALWAYS had problems with Firestones. I replaced mine with Aqautred 3's as soon as feasable. On my '98 and my '02, I had to replace them. The ones on my '02 never made it to rotation time.

I had that problem solved last week after taking the car back to the dealer. I told them that the tires were off balance. They had to balance it and put new weights on the tires. My car has Continential tires ever since the car was brand new. Those are very good tires and are very expensive. My car has nearly 38,000 miles on it now and still runs good. Bridgestone tires are okay, but doesn't impress me. They are much more expensive than Firestone tires. Bridgestone owns Firestone and I hate Firestone tires. I personally prefer Michelin tires when I can afford them.
~CyberWolf

I've always had good luck with Cooper Tires.. usually less expensive, made in the USA, and come in many series, from 'el cheapo' to 'god why would I pay that much for a tire?'.
Chuck