2002 Taurus Door works freezing

The drivers side outside door handle has been freezing after recent cold New England nights. The door unlocks OK. I can open it from the inside but NOT using the outside handle. Once I open it from the
inside, the outside handle works.
My questions: What's the best way to lube for this problem? Do I have to remove the inside paneling?
Is there moisture inside that I need to get rid of?
Are there weep holes that I can get at?
Thanks and the best for the New Year to all the experts, crusty and otherwise.
cedilla wrote:

just lube it real well at the latch on the end of the door. That is where all the action happens.