2002 Taurus Wagon cargo door key ...

I just got this car from a dealer. SEL model. However the key has no effect on the rear cargo door. I asked if this meant that someone switched cargo doors (e.g. due to accident). Dealer says "no way"... and cited some other case where this happened with a Focus ... implying that it's "common" .... duh ?? Naturally the remote will open it ... but that's not the point.

Any insights??

Thanks !

-RS-

Reply to
-RBS-

Opposite problem with my Escape. There were no remotes with the vehicle, and there's no keyhole in the hatch.

I did have a Dodge where the hatch key didn't work, but the fob did. There was some binding in the mechanism, and the electric was strong enough to work. The dealer found no problem... I don't know that they ever tried. I pulled the interior panel off and put some oil on the grinding parts.

Reply to
dold

If there is a warranty with the car, make an appointment with the service department and tell them you expect them to fix it as part of the warranty.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff