2003 Ford Escape GEM module

Hi. I am on my 3rd G.E.M. module for my 2003 Ford Escape.
What will generally happen is:
While the engine is running, I will get out of the vehicle, and the horn
will go off. Or on I guess, and stay on.
If the horn is on and I just turn off the ignition, the horn keeps sounding (1 continuous BWAWWWWWW...). However, if I turn off the ignition, then restart the motor, the horn stops, and if I emmediatly turn off the ignition it stays off. But if left running for about 10-15 seconds, the horn comes back on. I end up having to yank the fuse for the horn.
Any ways, it almost sounds like the passive security has gone haywire somehow, and I was wondering if anyone knows of how to reset it. Or is there a history of bad G.E.M's on Ford Escapes as this is my 3rd?
Thanks, Jim