2004 Focus loses safety features

I did some research on the 2004 Focus (USA version) and notcied that several features have been dropped or are very limited.
AdvanceTrak stability control is no longer available at all.
Regular traction control is ONLY available with the Zetec (with ABS of course.) It is NOT available with the new 2.3L, which is standard in the ZTS and ZTW, and optional in other models.
Interesting documentation here: http://www.downsford.com/order_guides/2004%20Focus%20Order%20Guide.pdf
Any word when the next generation Focus will be in the US? The related Mazda3 is due soon.