2003 vs 2004 Focus

I know that the Focus is a small, inexpensive car but it is what I'll be getting for a new driver in the household.

With having seen many discussions on recalls in 2001 and 2002, was 2003 a lot better and is 2004? Significantly better than 2003 to disregard it??

Thanks, Larry

Reply to
Larry B

The current Focus is one of the most highly recommend vehicles, in any class, not only its own. The earlier Focus did have numerous recalls, but they were minor and few vehicles were effected.

mike hunt

Larry B wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

Are there any significant differences between 2003, 4 and 05?

Thanks, Larry

Reply to
Larry B

See

and

Regards.

Ed White

Larry B wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

The 2005 his significant differences. New interior, engine, styling and with a 100K warranty.

mike hunt

Larry B wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

The 05 have been restyled, but is still using the same platform. It's not using the new platform of the European Focus or the Mazda 3 and new Volvo S40.

The 2.0L (was Zetec, now named Duratec) is standard on most except the sporty ST. The ST has a 2.3L, but is manual only.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

The 2.0L Duratec engines for 2005 are different from the 2.0L SPI and Zetec engines used for 2000-2004.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

Yeah...the styling is better IMO.

Reply to
BlackCars1421

I was on Ford's site checking out the Focus. I didn't see any reference to the 100K warranty. Did I miss it somehow? I have been wanting to look at the little wagon, however concerned about these cars being a longterm vechicle. So I am interested in following any discussion here about them.

Reply to
Paul O.

Thanks for all of your help!

Lar

Reply to
Larry B

I'm looking at the ZXW as well, and for the same reason. The 100k/5yr warranty they're referring to comes on the 2005 and it covers powertrain only.

If you pick up a brochure for the 2005 from your dealer, you'll find a reference to the warranty on page 2.

Reply to
m262007