2004 Taurus Keyless Entry

My father-in-law just bought a 04 Taurus and doesn't have the code for the driver's door keyless entry pad. How do you set the code for it? He has the key fobs and they work, he just doesn't have the code for
the door pad. Is there a tag on a control module somewhere with it? Apparently Villager mini-vans have it on a module. Would the Owner's Manual explain how to reset it? Don't know what the Dealer will charge to retrieve it. Thanks.
it should be on a tag on one of the trunk hinges

Thanks I will look there next time I see him.
On my lincoln the default factory code is printed on a label on the trunk hinge.