Keyless Entry -- Does my truck have it?

I recently bought a used 2003 Ram 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4x4 5.9l diesel. I only got one black key. No remote key-fob. How do I tell if the truck has a keyless entry? Can I check to see if there is a module under the dash, or anything? There is a lock cylinder in each front door, if that is meaningful.

Reply to
Reamer

It is...'03+ trucks that came with keyless entry only have a lock cylinder on the driver's door.

You can go to your local dealer, give them your VIN, and they can give you all the specifics on what went into your truck.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Thanks, I will be checking with the dealer regarding the VIN. I did see the bit in the manual regarding the second lock cylinder -- I don't know if a keyless may have been added at the dealer.

Assuming I don't have a remote keyless entry -- anyone have suggestions for a simple (inexpensive) aftermarket keyless entry that 'plugs in' or doesn't require much (wiring) for the install?

Reply to
Reamer