Bought Taurus with no record of keyless entry 5-digit code

I bought a 1998 Taurus that has keyless entry, but is missing the plate that has the 5-digit code. The manual says that the code is on the plate and also is taped to the computer module. Since the plate is missing, I looked on what I thought was the computer module. It did not have anything taped to it other that the sticker that appeared to have a Ford part number:YPZ2

45252-2651 97K23. Any ideas on how or where I can find the code?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve Judy

look in your owners manual, it will tell you how to reprogram it to whatever number you want

Reply to
Falcoon

Steve, If you can't find a sticker, your only option is to take it to the ford dealer and have them plug it into their computer and extract the code. To program your own code(s) you still have to have the factory code, which cannot be changed.

Reply to
Gourm Hardee

My taurus also had a sticker under the trunk lid, right in the middle that also had the code on it.

Reply to
Jimz466

Yeah, usually there's a sticker somewhere on the underside of the trunk deck. Maybe on the deck itself, maybe on the hinge arm.

For more help, see

CJ

Reply to
Christopher Brown

Another possible location is under the dash. It's a module just above the brake pedal.

You could also try trial and error. There really are not that many codes available, since there are actually only 5 digits to work with (0 and 1 are the same button, etc..) It won't cost anything, but will take awhile. Just start at 00000, 00002, etc.. Keep track of where you stop.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Hi Steve, The code is printed on the module inside of the drivers door. The skin on the inside must be removed and then the vapor barrier and you will see it finely printed on a little sticker in plain view towar the front of the door. A little black box with a bar code label. Good Luck! BeeVee

Reply to
BeeVee

He won't find it in the door, it's on the RAP module which is under the dash on the right side. The only module I can think of that would be in the drivers door would be the one for the one touch down window. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Not without the original number. Bob

Reply to
Bob

You are correct. I found the module (after checking with the local Ford Service Department) under the dash above and to the left of the brake pedal. The code was on the sticker and it works! Thanks for the help!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Judy