87 topaz

Hi. I have a 4 cylinder manual topaz that when the engine is running will have and intermittent drop of RPM's, weather in neutral or driving it will suddenly drop 500-1000 RPM's. This occurs every 20-30 seconds while driving
and every 10-15 while idling. I replaced the fuel filter but no improvement. I don't know what to try next. Any idea's would be great.
A/C on? Defrost on? You could just be feeling the A/C compressor cycle. In that case normal.