'93 Aerostar throttle

Hey,
Got myself a 1993 Ford Aerostar Eddie Bauer AWD 4.0L. I got the starter replaced and since then, the engine revs to 3000+ RPM on startup then can barely keep running, often stalling out. As well, it
uses a ton of gas on shorter trips. I know it is due for a tuneup, but is there something that could solve this immediate problem until I can get this thing tuned up? Thanks. 195,000kms.