93 Ford Escort is it the fuel pump??

I was going through an intersection, about to accelerate. when I pushed on the gas it felt like something disconected. My engine was still running but no acceleration. I pulled over shut car off tryed to start again but
it sounds as if its not getting any fuel. When i turn the key it turns over makes all the regular sounds to start except one. The sound were it gets fuel and holds the idle. Could this be my fuel pump went out?????
Bellstar skrev:

First thing I would do is replacing fuel filter. Also, check system pressure with a gauge. If pressure is low, restrict the flow in the fuel return line to see if pressure increases, in that case the pressure regulator could be bad. Good luck, /Stefan
I just put a new fuel filter in a month ago. But I'll check everything anyhow. Thanx for the idea
On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 22:09:27 -0400, "Bellstar"

First thing I would look for is the fuel inertia switch and try resetting it. You owners manual should have the location. It is a safety switch designed to shut off the fuel in the event of a collision but, they sometimes activate on a pothole or, for no obvious reason at all.
Lugnut

did you bother to look under the hood and see if anything mech actually broke????????? KB
--
Thunder Snake #9
"Protect" your rights or "lose" them.