94 Ford Ranger 2.3 l

I'm having difficulty removing crankshaft pulley in order to replace the timing belt. Any useful tips would be appreciated.

I think I bent whatever was in the way with something. Couldn't get mine off and decided the thing in the way wasn't all that important anyway. Let me know if you do it without resorting to my caveman tricks though.