94 thunderbird 02 code 0174

4.6 v8 running extremely rich out of pipes and running rough and looping and cutting off. checked codes and got a 0174 system too lean bank 2. any ideas what
could cause this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
chrisnrali
chrisnrali wrote:

Dirty MAF.
http://www.tccoa.com/articles/intake/mafclean.html
chrisnrali wrote:

Sharon Cooke wrote:

Hmmm. Probably.
I tried cleaning it, tried replacing it. same result. lt ftrm1 -1.6 st ftrm1 -23.4 lt ftrm2 17.2 st ftrm -23.4 this part of the reading I got makes me wonder why the lt ftrm2 is high? I've tried researching it but so far havent found any info.
--
chrisnrali
On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 04:41:30 -0500, chrisnrali

Check for a vacuum link related to the PCV system. They are prone to cracking and clogging with age. Pay particular attention to the elbow located near the throttle body. It is probably best to go ahead and replace all of the soft parts in the PCV system as they are difficult to clean once they began to clog. It is possible to clean the metal parts.
Lugnut

You should be finding out why bank 1 fuel trim is minus 25
fuel pressure reg. maybe? it has had pcm replaced with a junkyard unit about a year ago, any chance it could have same issue with this one? It will run, although very bad with the maf unplugged, as soon as I plug it back in it starts to run rough, very rich (black smoke and lots of it) and misses badly then cuts off. I tried a new maf and no difference. Any good ideas would be appreciated. Chrisntrouble
--
chrisnrali
chrisnrali wrote:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t 9610