95 Windstar transmission OD question

While driving last night my Over Drive light on the end of my gear shift came on. Normally that means OD is off. But after pushing the button on the end of
the gear shift it turned off and pushing again it went on. (Over Drive not the light) But the OD light is still on even though the OD is engaged. I don't have the manual so can anybody tell me what this means? Transmission is shifting OK as far as I can tell. Thanks for you help. Gene
This light also serves as a "check transmission" equivalent to the "check engine light." At best, the transmission thinks it has a problem. More than likely there is a problem and a reputable transmission shop should be able to read the code. Good luck, hope it is minor.