95 Windstar queston

Ok guys. I'm not much for a ford person, but I've heard reports that the 3.8 in the 95 windstar has some head gasket trouble. Should I purchase a 95 windstar with 101,000 miles? According to the info from Carfax it was a fleet vehicle and they took care of their own cars...

Reply to
clevere

Any vehicle at that mileage and age is a crap shoot.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

============================== A car with that many miles is usually hard to sell. So...you should be able to get it really cheap. Have a mechanic look it over for you. If you get it cheap enough you can aford new head gaskets if they crap out :)

Reply to
Scott M

on this newsgroup the 3.8 engine has/had alot of problems in the early

90's, i would stay away from the 3.8 in that period.. i had a 3.8 in a mustang in 1983, never a problem with it but they used asbestos in the gaskets back then and stopped it due to epa ragulations... better safe than sorry...
Reply to
jim

Most blow at 100,000 to 120,000 Don't go for it.

Reply to
Indianaradio

Thanks for the advice guys .. I looked at the car .. I didn't like it anyway :)

Reply to
clevere