97 Taurus air bag sensor location/code 45

Got a code 45, near as I can tell(from a quick search) its probably a badly grounded front crash sensor. Anyone know off hand(specifically) where it is? I'll probably start looking tomorrow for it...Or....if I'm
misinformed by the code, please do tell details :)I prolly should find that pirated CD I downloaded a while back *oops, did I say that out loud?*
Under that plastic radiator cover with all the stickers.
Black square box hold down by 4 green bolts
Anybody knows why they use green bolts ??????? Always wandered

JohanB wrote:

those green bolts...???....

You think black or silver colored bolts wont do the job ??

Have you ever metered the resistance of a black anodized bolt? :-)
JohanB wrote:

thinking of a older Taurus? Mine looks like the radiator is covered by the whole, what I would call, radiator support. I can't even see the radiator from the top. Well, maybe if I looked though the fans.....Just FYI, the car was wrecked in the front years ago, it could be it all was painted the color of the car and the stickers were not replaced. I looked all over the front, without jacking it up, and I saw nothing that looked like a crash sensor. Maybe I could see it from the bottom? I'll jack it up tomorrow and have a look-see. I've had a little experience with Tauruses but nothing in the front radiator apparently, cause I don't even see how to remove the radiator, I sure don't remember ever doing one. If I was told to remove the radiator, after looking under the hood I would put the car on a lift to look at it first, thats for sure...:)

maybe thats why
If its missing you will see a black square block about 1 " with a arrow on it pointing forward, hold down by 4 bolt.
Originally there green but maybe they used other bolts for it
Located right in the centre above the radiator
It has a white round connector with 4 pins, kinda like a O2 sensor connector
If you have the model with oval head lites it wont apply
FWIW description of sensor is the same, black square block with arrow on it

JohanB wrote:

You must be thinking of a different year car :)

Everything? I thought they had gotten the oval rear window gone in 97, maybe it was 98 then....
you pay..DEAL with it!
I checked on alldata and I'm afraid both sensors are located behind the bumper
Good luck

JohanB wrote:

sensor. Probably a bad ground. (I found that CD I downloaded :)Now I just have to get in the mood to fix it.....
ShoeSaleman wrote:

If I remember correctly, that bumper cover comes off pretty easily. About 8 or so screws and it will slide right off.
Tom Adkins wrote:

Cool, thanks for the info.