'98 Contour Burned Fuse Box and Wire Harness

I posted about about a burned fuse box and charred wire harness a few weeks ago. Went to junk yards to get replacement (Ford dealer is out of them).
Would you believe that the first 4 I found were also burned.
I think this is a chronic problem, although there has been no recall.
Larry

How much did the dealer want for the fuse box?
<<How much did the dealer want for the fuse box?>> $269
LarryLarry2003 wrote:

electrical wiring harness.. this is the problem, the all probably had a bad wiring harness in them, that's why they all had burned wiring harness/fuse box problems... go to dealer and have them run your vin. number in the computer.. bet you are covered if under 100,000 miles or 10 yrs....
Jim responded:
<<bet you have a recall/extended warranty on the whole underhood electrical wiring harness..>> On '97's and earlier, but not '98's
<< this is the problem, the all probably had a bad wiring harness in them, that's why they all had burned wiring harness/fuse box problems...>> Yep, but Ford does not acknowledge
<< go to dealer and have them run your vin number in the computer..>> Already did
<< bet you are covered if under 100,000 miles or 10 yrs....>> No recall applicable. I have 135K miles too.
Larry