where is the other fuse box on wrx?

I blew the cigarette lighter's fuse by plugging in a bad adapter in a 2002 impreza wrx. The main fuse box is on the driver side under the hood, but that is not where the blew fuse is. I believe it is in a separate fuse box, but I can't find it. Any ideas?

Also, are these fuses generic parts I can get from auto parts store, or do I have to order from subaru? I checked two subaru parts web site and came up with nothing when I searched for "fuse".

Reply to
peter

Hi, No owner's manual. Under the hood driver side near the firewall under black plastic cover.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Unfortunately you'll likely need to remove the lighter socket itself. There is a fuse built onto the back of it I think.

The Soob replacement is $$$ but if you decide to use a generic or re-wire the original somehow - I think it's advisable to have fuse (can be in a spliced in holder i suppose) in that location.

is a discount dealer that might have a replacement. email Jamie (of
fame!) through the website.

This has come up before I think. Search the group here and search at

and maybe at

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Look below the fog light & cruise control switches for a little door / storage bin. Remove this door to reveal the other fuse block. Pretty sure the "Cigar" fuse is a 20A on the top row. Standard part available at any parts store, CircleK, Kmart, etc...

Brent.

Reply to
blz

You're the man!

Like you said, it is under the fog light cruise control switch. The fuse box cover is disguised as a pull-out coin holder. You have to move it up to separate it from the hinges, then tilt and remove it.

There is a spare 20A fuse in the main fuse box under the hood, so I use that.

Reply to
peter