99 taurus lurches after running for 30 minutes

My 99 ford taurus with 80,000 miles recently started to lurch or lunge when I press on the gas. This is after driving for 25 to 30 minutes. Once the car gets moving it runs just fine. Also this sympton comes and goes, it does not happen all of the time. Can someone tell me what is going on.

Reply to
dtimme

dtimme wrote in news:1_681546 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com:

do you mean .. hesitate, then lunge?

and there are No other symptoms?

I would start by cleaning the Mass Air Sensor.. MAF.

Could also be the Throttle Position Sensor

But have the car checked for OBD codes set at Autozone or other store... just get the code number, dont let them sell you something to fix it..

Note - the two above might not set codes.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic