1964 Ford Falcon

I'm in the process of restoring a Falcon and I need a service manual. Where would be the best place to buy one?

Reply to
ROBERT HOUFF

Try here...

Let us know how you make out....

I had a 61 when I was a kid... blew up the 144 and slam dunked a 260 in there. This car was a whole lot NEWER then...

Reply to
Jim Warman

eBay search Ford Falcon Repair Manual in All Categories... and STAND BACK!!!!!!

Also, Dearborn Classics may have something. Just as most Mustang parts vendors carry literature on a wide range of topics regarding Mustangs, you should likely find the same thing for a Falcon... but I'm not going to do the searching for you. : 0 )

Try Amazon Books for Ford Falcon Repair Manual, or Ford Falcon Restoration... THEN go to the title which interests you... ex: "Chilton Mustang Repair Manual 19641/2-1972" and look for the link to "???? New and Used starting at $1.27".... scroll down the listing and read the prices and the descriptions. (HINT: If you have a state sales tax, look for a source in another state.) Within a few days you should have yourself exactly what you seek.

I got my Chilton and Haynes repair manuals for about half of what you can buy them in a decent auto parts store (yes they are still available for old Falcons, Galaxies, etc) even with shipping. I also got my restoration books that way. These were still in the plastic wrappers, with no damage, etc. Essentially brand new.

Yes, you can go into many large bookstores (BDaltons, etc), and many auto parts stores, and get these books for around $26 each.

Used book stores are another source to check.

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Reply to
Spike

Ditto on the manual but, why do you need one? Concourse restoration? The 61 Falcon and it's later siblings were the ultimate in simple. Basic Auto Tech for the driveline and basic electrical for the juice system. IIRC the most complicated device was the Turn Siignal switch. If you are looking for things like "correct" clips. fasteners, etc. you might be out of luck until 64.5 Mustang. They shared most components except sheetmetal, so that would be very close.

Reply to
Tom Adkins