99 Windstar-0171-0174 code-lean condition

I've had the check engine light come on in my wife's 99 Windstar. Codes comes up as lean condition Bank 1 and Bank 2 (0171 & 0174) Any ideas on what could be causing this? Engine
runs perfect, no problems besides check engine light. Thanks
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 04:30:00 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@adress.none (sanpablo) wrote:
| I've had the check engine light come on in my |wife's 99 Windstar. Codes comes up as lean condition |Bank 1 and Bank 2 (0171 & 0174) | Any ideas on what could be causing this? Engine |runs perfect, no problems besides check engine light. |Thanks
from google: ============================================= check for unmetered air leaking into your engine. Air that gets in that is not measured by the MAF is not "known" to the PCM which will not add enough fuel for the extra air. This causes the "lean" condition.
Most likely cause of this "extra air" is a vacuum leak. Look/listen for loose, disconnected or cracked vacuum lines. Also look for any other hoses/connections that may have come off.
Lg

==========================Have you ever put a fuel filter on this van?
See below for site with lots of info on Upper Intake vacuum leaks, and TSB info on it:
http://www.cartrackers.com/Forums/live/fordwindstar/493.html
J_E_Beck

==========================Have you ever put a fuel filter on this van?