fuel system trouble with 87 escort

What possibly would cause the fuel injector to gust a heavy stream of fuel upon throttle, flooding and stalling the engine?

I have checked the following and neither part is faulty.

fuel pressure regulator fuel pressure sensor map sensor

any other ideas?

Thanks

DPercussions

Thomas Moats

Maybe I incorrectly identified the components here, did I miss anything?

Please enlighten this novice!

DPercussions

I replaced the map sensor, fuel injector and what I thought was the fuel pressure regulator (has been a few months since I did this) and none made the slightest difference so I took them all back. Even the little Ford code reader did not come up with anything wrong.

What other possibility have I not considered besides junking the POS?

DPercussions

Reply to
Thomas Moats