a/c fixed

99 escort a/c clutch wouldn't engage. Finally got a wiring diagram. Checked the "constant control relay module". I had 14 volts on pin 21 and 22 with a/c off. When a/c is turned on it should put a ground on pin 22. This will engage the relay. Pin 21 should now be connected to pin 23, putting voltage on the blue/white wire of the compressor clutch. I took apart the CCRM by drilling out the rivets holding it together and found a bad soldering job on one of the pins of the relay. Got out the soldering iron and everything works like a charm. Thanks again for the help.

Dave

Reply to
endorf

endorf opined

I hereby certify you as "Alt.autos.ford CCRM/ICRM WOT relay expert"

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I second that

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Belcher

" Expert" is a pretty harsh term. I am far from being an expert. Just got lucky I think, but will be glad to help out where I can.

Dave

Reply to
endorf