A/C Clutch Noise

My A/C clutch is making noise even when nothing is on..(A/C , Defrost) I know that it is bad and needs replaced because the air doesn;t work:) Do they normally just make noise when nothing is on when they are bad?

Thanks !! TSP

Reply to
TSP

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, TSP from was injured because:

| My A/C clutch is making noise even when nothing is on..(A/C , | Defrost) I know that it is bad and needs replaced because the | air doesn;t work:) Do they normally just make noise when | nothing is on when they are bad? | | Thanks !! | TSP

Umm, what kind of noise?

Reply to
Joseph P

Well.. it sounds like it is bad bearings or something.. kind of a spin scrap sound. I can watch it with the hood up and it kind of spins a little and makes the noise. It kind of reminds me of how my go kart clutch sounded when I was a kid. :)

thanks.. hope that helps describe it..

TSP

Reply to
TSP

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:41:23 GMT, the following appeared in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by TSP :

Sounds like the bearing is shot. The symptoms are the same as those on my wife's Concorde, and I just had to replace the clutch assembly on it. The replacement cost me around $115 from TheAutoPartsStore.com.

Reply to
Bob Casanova

No AC = no refrigerant + clutch problem.

Reply to
HarryS