AIrbag code 4-2 on '95 Contour

Just starting doing this this morning.
From What I've seen, it means the airbag system doesn't see the left-hand crash sensor (open circuit)
Are there connectors I could try to clean? Since it's a 10-year old car, I'm
not sure I want to replace *yet* another damn sensor on it.
--

(\_ _/)

www.contour.org/
http://www.fordmondeo.org /
John
snipped-for-privacy@videotron.ca says...

It may not be a sensor problem. The Contour/Mystique tend to throw an airbag code when the battery starts going bad. I would have your battery checked first.
The battery is brand new (well, 4 months old).
It's a Heavy Duty Motorcraft. But I suspect my alternator might not be up to the job (lights tend to dim under high electrical load)
--

(\_ _/)