AWD on the Five Hundred

Anyone know if it works at all speeds, or cuts off above 20mph like the Nissan Murano?
-- Jack Hamilton snipped-for-privacy@acm.org Sacramento, CA

<http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/ownerlit/default_retail.asp?year 05&vehCodeP0> The owners guide for the 500 says "Your vehicle may be equipped with a full-time All Wheel Drive (AWD) system. With the AWD option, power will be delivered to the front wheels and distributed to the rear wheels as needed. The AWD system is active all the time and requires no input from the operator."
No mention of a 25mph cutoff there, or in my Ford Escape 4WD manual.
Where did you find mention of a 25mph cutoff for the Murano? I see a 19mph cutoff for 4wd locking, but that isn't available at any speed on the 500.
--
---
snipped-for-privacy@XReXXAWDXo.usenet.us.com wrote:

It was mentioned on www.nissanmurano.org.
=Jack Hamilton snipped-for-privacy@acm.org
=In the end, more than they wanted freedom, they wanted comfort and security. And in the end, they lost it all - freedom, comfort and security. Edward Gibbon

I only found one forum thread, "Why Does AWD Shut Off After 19+ MPH?" which mentions both 19mph and 25mph as where the AWD stops working, but that's not what I read elsewhere. It is the 4WD-Lock that stops working at 19mph, which is pretty reasonable.
I don't think I could get to 20mph in 4WD-Low-Lock in my Durango, the gearing is too low.
--
---