Best and worst gasoline in the US?

Page 1 of 2
Regular and Premium

--
"Deer aren't the only unpredictable animal on the road."

Add pictures here
✖
In Helmet Head

The interesting part is how we will migrate away from "gasoline" to low pressure liquid hydrogen over the next 15 years. Yup... according to processes already in place at Air Products.
--
~~Philip

cantankerous | kan-TANG-kruss | adjective: difficult or irritating to
✖
Philip® opined in

Dont bet on it...
A. do a search on the subject and check out the downside issues.
2. ... known oil reserves are higher than projected in the early nineteen- teens, and than projected in the 70's... we are ALWAYS close to running out.. but it doesnt seem to happen.
Add pictures here
✖
Leonard Poole would be proud. ;)
mike hunt
"Philip®" wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Low pressure liquid hydrogen? Yeah, sure.
--
Matthew T. Russotto snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net
✖

I hear it's a new molecule... with two hydrogen atoms bonded to an oxygen atom...
Self contained fuel and oxidizer
Add pictures here
✖
"Philip®" wrote:

Cryogenic LIQUID H2? Not likely.
Add pictures here
✖
In Helmet Head

Keep studying. Not the cryrogenic grade.
--
~~Philip

cantankerous | kan-TANG-kruss | adjective: difficult or irritating to
✖
"Philip®" wrote:

Considering that the boiling point is -423F @ 1 atm and the critical point of H2 is -399.93F @ 190.8 psia, how can it be anything else?
I am interested in the subject and if you can give me a reference or two concerning non-cryo LH2, I really will read them. Paul.
Add pictures here
✖
In jubilantly posted:

What I am reading from is the current "Air Products and Chemicals, Inc" newsletter
While I have the printed article here, their website starts off this week month with the same article "New Hydrogen Fueling Station."
--
~~Philip

cantankerous | kan-TANG-kruss | adjective: difficult or irritating to
✖

I read it. The distribution is all gaseous, not liquid.
http://www.airproducts.com/Products/LiquidBulkGases/HydrogenEnergyFuelCells/YourIndustry/LasVegasProject.htm makes it clear that the distribution was not liquid.
Marc For email, remove the first "y" of "whineryy"
Add pictures here
✖

It would be interesting to see the comparison between how many BTUs come in as natural gas versus how many BTU's go out after all the reprocessing of it.
Add pictures here
✖
In jubilantly posted:

http://www.airproducts.com/Products/LiquidBulkGases/HydrogenEnergyFuelCel ls/YourIndustry/LasVegasProject.htm
The article mentions mixing hydrogen with CNG in some instances. ;-)
--
~~Philip

cantankerous | kan-TANG-kruss | adjective: difficult or irritating to
✖

No _liquid_ hydrogen involved.
Low pressure liquid hydrogen... it is to laugh.
--
Matthew T. Russotto snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net
✖
Water??
"Philip®" wrote:

Considering that the boiling point is -423F @ 1 atm and the critical point of H2 is -399.93F @ 190.8 psia, how can it be anything else?
I am interested in the subject and if you can give me a reference or two concerning non-cryo LH2, I really will read them. Paul.
Add pictures here
✖

Best is the one from a gas station that sells lots of gas. Worst is from a station that sells very little gas. ----------------- Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)
Add pictures here
✖
This is only my personal observation:
Worst - Texaco, any grade. Every fuel related problem I've ever had in a gas vehicle has always been preceeded by a tankful of Texaco gasoline. And it doesn't ever seem to matter what grade I put it or what station I've gotten it from. After fuel issues with three seperate vehicles over the years from Texaco gas (two pickups and my Harley), if I ran out of gas in the parking lot of one of their stations I would hitchhike to almost any other place before I bought more fuel there. Honestly, I won't even use it in my lawnmower.
Best - Don't really care anymore, I drive a diesel!
Cheers - Jonathan

Add pictures here
✖
Helmet Head wrote:

Best Regular: $1.28 gal Worst REgular: $1.79 gal Best Premium: $1.69 gal Worst Premium: $2.15 gal Other than that, they are all the same.
Add pictures here
✖
Best gasoline .. . the station that has the newest underground tanks! All tanks collect sludge, water and oxidation; which is why they have to be periodically dug up and replaced (E.P.A. regulations). Hydrogen or "fuel cell" technology suffers from unsolved problems: 1) non-migrating tank designs needed; 2) distribution stations and 3) power needed to separate hydrogen from water etc. (e.g. "fusion" power). My guess, hydrogen power is 30 years off at best. Most of the "Air" about fuel cell technology is just that .. .

Add pictures here
✖
Ok Bill, read and weep: http://www.airproducts.com/index.asp