China - get ready

Page 2 of 2
Rob wrote:

When Henry Ford raised the pay of his workers to $5 per day (double what other manufacturers were paying), he said he was doing so in part because he wanted his employee's to be able to buy his cars. If the American workforce can't make a decent living, they'll stop buying products made in America, which will lead to fewer people making a decent living. This death spiral for an economy and a nation's middle class that we are now seeing is a result of Reagan/Clinton/Bush trade and economic policies.
Thom Hartmann (Screwed, pp 174)

The best thing we can do is buy as much domestic made items as possible. Hard to do these days. Being a Tool & Die Maker I have seen the erosion it first hand.

The best thing we can do is buy as many domestic made items as possible. Tough to do with most shelf items made overseas. Being a Tool & Die Maker I have seen it first hand.