Focus motor problems

Re: Focus motor problems
Good folks,
The daughter of a neighbor and friend has a Focus wagon, maybe a 2001, with around 80k mi. on it.
She has had 3 mechanics attempt to diagnose a motor problem.
Some components were replaced (plugs/wires, etc.). The car still runs -very- rough and she sez something is smoking. Getting accurate info from her is difficult ...
I admit total ignorance re Foci: not my kind of car-car. Should I read the TSB's? Are ther known Focus bugaboos that would fit the facts above?
Thanks Puddin'
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:00:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@Gmail.com (Puddin' Man) wrote:

lmfao i smell cat h u r c a s t
Also would double check the timing.