Ford Taurus

I have an 02 Taurus that bucks real bad during heavy acceleration around 45 mph (i.e. getting on a highway). The dealer said it was the AC compressor
AND the IAC valve and gave me a very pricey estimate to repair. It still does it with all of the AC/heat controls in the off position and everything I read says the IAC valve controls idle only. Any suggestions?
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:06:30 -0400, "firedup"

You need another opinionfrom another facility. At the speed you indicate, the IAC is long since been out of the picture and, the a/c would be in real trouble if if cause enough bucking for you to notice it. I would suspect you have some sort of ignition malady causing your bucking but, something as simple as a dirty fuel filter can do that although they typically cause reduced power more so than bucking.