Front oil seal change in 1995 Ford Escort 1.9L

Is front oil seal changing is easy in 95 Ford Escort LX 1.9L? Since I have removed crankshaft pulley, water pump, and suspecting that there might be a small oil seepage in the front oil seal, Iam thinking of
changing it. I have 102K Miles on this escort and dont have any history of oil seal change before.
My question is: Is the front oil seal is easy to change without any oem tools to change the oil seal (I have a harmonic balencer/wheel puller at hand to pull the crankshaft sproket)? Since the present seal is OK, I donot want to open another can of worms.
The parts shop sales person said, its just easy to install and tap it gently with rubber mallet. I am wonderting thats the right way to install the oil seal and which way should it go. I can see a mettalic spring going around that seal, it that side faces out or inside?
Thank you in advance
Sam
snipped-for-privacy@freeddns.org says...

seal out, and hammer in the new one. If you have a socket that has about the same OD as the seal, use that. Otherwise, work your way slowly around the seal with the hammer, pushing it in a little at a time as you go around. The spring is on the inside, facing the motor. At that mileage, if it's not leaking, it will be soon. If the inside of the harmonic balancer has oil on it, then it's most likely leaking there.