1996 Ford Escort 1.9l

Hello all,

A friend has recently found out that she has to replace the motor in her 1996 Ford Escort 1.9l. Just wondering which years I should be looking at as possible transplants? Any other tips I can pass along...

Thanks for you help...

Cheers,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

My 95 Ford escort 1.9L -- lost a valve seat -- got the head done -- put it back together -- and it's still gotta rattle-- Now I'm thinking the crankshaft's broke. The head costs me $500.00-- so you replacing the motor may sound good, BUT ask yourself if the cars worth it in the 1st place. (I think that there may be a cutoff/ or design change at 95 -- my 'Chiltons" only goes up to 95 --so I'd be looking for a 96 or later)

Reply to
Cacothes

Call up any boneyard and ask for a low-mileage 1.9l from a '96. Probably run her 3 to 5 hundred $$$ for them to torch it out, but you pick up. Or she can get a reman delivered to her door for probably

1500 beans.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

A Jasper will cost more than $1500! Mine was $4000 installed. That includes about $1100 labor + engine + kit with bunches of extras + nusiance fees.

Reply to
Childfree Scott