heater core

i have a 1988 ford econoline 150 conversion van and i need to know step by step how to change the heater core i have three disabled children and we travel to dupont hospital a lot please help thank you sincerely joe

Reply to
emsjoe1293

Joe, I hate to say it, but you are better off buying a repair manual that will have photos of the job. If we post how to do it here, you are "blind" as to what to look for, and it would take literaly forever to type that up..

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech

I'd like to add that Chiltons and Haynes manuals will be of absolutely no help with this particular repair, before you waste your money on them. Factory Service Manuals are very inexpensive on Ebay and indespensible if you maintain the vehicle for yourself or someone else.

Hmmm, there seem to be none applicable just now, but watch for them. They show up often. Search for "88 Ford Truck Manual" or "88 Ford Manual" and look for the general "shop manual" that covers trucks and Vans. It may be listed as "Body, Chassis, and Electrical" or as the BCE manual. Disregard the PCED, Volume H, emissions, EVTM, or Electrical manuals for this repair. That's lots of keywords for the same couple of manuals that you don't need just yet. You may want a PCED and EVTM if you plan to keep this truck in service.

Just a thought, IIRC the 88 and 92 E-vans were similar as far as instrument panel construction and heater service. 92 and above manuals were available in CD format to the dealers and offered as CD copies on Ebay. I don't know about the legality of this. They are also available as torrent files at

This may help, just use your judgement and conscience.

Reply to
Tom Adkins