86 Ford E150 Van Heater Core

I have a question for other backyard mechanics out there, My heater core in my van sprung a leak over the summer, my A/c dont work anymore, could I bypass the Heater core and use the evaporator core from the A/c to heat my van with this winter? If not could someone give me a link to directions on how to change the heater core.

Thanks

Reply to
zerozero

THE CORE IS EASY TO REPLACE THERE IS AN ACCESS DOOR U UNBOLT ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PASSANGER COMPARTMENT AND IT POPS RIGHT OUT

Reply to
<HELP

This access door, is it right behind the computer on the passenger side?

Reply to
zerozero