HELP - 1994 Grand marquis Oil Leak Near Filter

Hi. Thanks for all the good advice I have received here in the past. This oil leak is coming from near the oil filter. I replaced the oil pressure sender but apparently that was not it. I understand this is a common
problem on this model but no ne say exactly what part, gasket, etc is actually leaking. I want to fix this as soon as possible. The Grand Marquis is a great car and despite these little annoying problems I absolutely love it. Any help is appreciated as always.
Steve
You need the gasket that fits between the block and the oil filter adapter. Since it also flows coolant through there, you will need to drain the coolant before removing the three bolts holding it. Somewhat messy (oil and water dripping down ) job, but not too bad. The gasket cost me ~$11 a few years ago. Stan K.
Steve Walters wrote:

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 07:58:46 -0600, Stan Kasperski

That gasket has recently been redsigned. I replaced one a couple of months back. IIRC, it was around $17US incl tax from Ford. The new one is a well designed metal reinforced one the should not be a problem. The key to it - any many other gaskets - is making sure the gasket surface is absolutely clean and dry. Wear old clothes to repair.
On the oil filter adaptor there is a threaded plug that goes into the bottom of the adaptor. It looks as though the oil is coming from there but the plug is not loose. I realize, though, that the oil could just be collecting there before it drips down. I want to fix this because the oil is really making a mess of the bottom of the engine which is normally quite clean.
Given the observation that the oil is dripping from where that plug goes into the filter adaptor, could it likely be the gasket that goes between the adaptor and the block? If it just a gasket, I will gladly go to the Ford dealer and get the correct and improved part. Like I said at the begining of the thread, I really like this car. It is well worth the price of a gasket and the effort to install.
Steve
wrote:

adapter.
coolant