How to adjust speedometer, 96 Grand Marquis

Ok, I swapped out my bad diff (3.27 non locking) with a 3.73 trac-loc. Car is running perfectly now, except for the speedometer (of course). This car
has the digital dash board. How do I adust the speedometer? Does it still use a speedometer gear, or is the digital dash board input different? If it is a gear, does anyone have a calculator or chart to point me in the right direction for the correct part?
Thanks
"Teknical" wrote

If it's anything like other Fords, there's still a "conventional" drive gear on the output shaft and a hole in the tailshaft housing, but instead of having a cable screwed into the hole, an electronic module is installed.
In fact, here's the part listing for your car... http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1199594,parttype,8664 and a picture of your sensor... http://info.rockauto.com/SMP/SMPDetail3.html?SC37.html
All you need to do is find the appropriate gear to put on the shaft. Call Ford, or a local tranny shop.
On Wed, 23 May 2007 14:44:20 GMT, "Teknical"

IIRC, you GM must have the PCM calibrated to compensate for speedometer errors. I do not recall whether it can be re-calibrated by the owner or if it has to be done with the scan tool. Some vehicle can be re-calibrated with a key and button pushing sequence described in the respective service manual. I'm sorry I cannot take you any further.
Lugnut