Mercury Sable thermostat

Can anyone tell me where it is located under the hood or do you have a picture of the engine compartment where it is located - 2003 Mercury Sable

|Can anyone tell me where it is located under the hood or do you have a picture of the engine compartment where it is located - 2003 Mercury Sable
Find the UPPER radiator hose ( return hose ). Follow it to the engine block. There you will find it attached to a metal elbow secured to the engine block with 3 bolts. Remove the bolts and you will see the thermostat sticking out of the elbow.
This metal elbow is the *thermostat housing*
Remove thermostat. Note the position of the thermostat in the housing. The thermostat and the housing opening are not round, and the thermostat will fit in only one position.
Lg