2000 Mercury Sable Power Window off track - Help

I have a 2000 Mercury Sable with power windows. The drivers side window has somehow gotten off the track and will now not open or close properly. Can anyone tell me what is involved in getting it back in the track and securing it to the track to prevent this from happening again? Like is the glass secured to the track? If so is it by mechanical means or adhesive? I'd just like to have a good idea of what to expect before I take the door apart this weekend to attempt to fix it.

Thanks! Tim

Reply to
Tim Cottom