Neutral Safety Switch

Hi,
My Neutral Safety Switch has gone bad, I went into 7-11 and when I came out the car wouldn't start, battery wasn't dead and tapping the starter didn't help, but messing with the gearsift got it to start.
I did find the neutral safety switch which was located on the transmission under the air filter, but, it's got 8 wires comming out of it, does anyone know which wires are for the neutral safety cuz, if possible, i'd like to bypass that bitch rather than go through the hassle of putting a new one in.
-Jay
Did you try to start the car in natural instead of park?

Yes, and it still wouldn't start. So after I told the guys at 7-11 that my car was stuck there and I was comming back to look at it, we moved it down to neutral and nothing, then we shoved it back in park, and nothing, then we pushed the gear shift up a bit more and it started. It started 3 times like that, now I can't get anything out of it.
-Jay

"and nothing, then we pushed the gear shift up a bit more and it started". Sounds like the shift linkage is loose and needs adjustment. What vehicle is this?

Never mind Taurus/Sable 93. Make sure the shift cable has not come loose, common.

We did that already.

Sounds like it needs adjusted.
--
Steve
=========

Just out of curiosity, Steve, what part of the country do you hail from? I've been curious about the geograph- ical origin of this "it needs washed" sort of syntax, wherein the phrase "to be" is omitted, for a long time.
Geoff
--
"Don't be humble; you're not that great."
-- Golda Meir