93 Aerostar power steering rack replacement

Anyone have the opportunity to replace the power steering rack on a 93 Ford Aerostar? Mine has a fluid leak and has to be replaced. At first glimpse, it seems like a time consuming, but fairly easy job. Just wondering if anyone could provide some input, and/or if anyone knows the size of the two attachment bolts?

My Aerostar is a 1993, 2WD, 3.0 litre, standard wheelbase.

Thank you in advance

Frank from Deeeetroit

Reply to
Frank from Deeeetroit

I had two Aerostars...both junk!!! Get rid of it as soon as you can! I will eat you alive!

Reply to
beatlerockin

And I had 2 Aerostars too. Had VERY little trouble with either of them. Not GREAT vans, but the only game in town if you wanted a rear drive midsized van with leg-room. When they stopped building them there was NO product on the north American market to take it's place.

Worst problem I had with them was keeping the rust at bay. Definitely a MUCH better van than the WindStar. (after 1988 - the early ones WERE Junk.)

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I replaced mine on a 1988 Aerostar. No problems replacing it

Reply to
don