No spark

Hi all,
Have a 87 Ford Crown Victoria, 302 v8. Won't start today. I pulled one of the plug wires and tested it. No spark. I pulled the coil wire and tested the coil. No spark. I tested a couple more times and got good
spark on one of the tests. Sos me thinks the ignition module is bad. Replace it. Car starts and runs fine. Turn it off and put my tools away. Try to start it again and it won't start. Check the coil again. No spark. Test the coil for continuity. Everything checks out ok. Kinda lost at this point. Any ideas out there?
Thanks,
Marty
What triggers the ignition module?

I talked to a mechanic friend of mine and he said the ignition coil can be bad and still pass the continuity test. He said it is either the coil or the new ignition module I have is bad. I guess I can try replacing the coil as it doesn't cost very much.
Marty

I changed out a bunch of those (I called them thick film modules) on my old 85 Cougar. Had over 250,000 miles. Autozone, where I bought them, could check the old one on a machine to see if it was bad or not. el lobo
Marty wrote:

Hey MArty.... just in the case that the discourse above confuses you... the problem is likely in your distributor pickup.... The clue is that you changed the ign module then it worked .. once.
If you're comfortable changing distributors and have access to timing lite.. suggest a visit to the scrappers. Remember to disconnect spout connector to set timing to ten deg.
Also check the ign module heat sink grease. should not be caked at all.