P Reg Fiesta Door Panel

Hi, My Fiesta's (Encore actually) passenger door lock does not work properly. So I want to investigate. I tried to get the door panel off but failed miserably. I undid the only 2 screws (in the hand hold in the middle of the door and the side of the side pocket) I could find and took the window winder handle off. But door panel did not even seem loose. Rather than force it, I thought I would ask what I have missed.

So, can anyone tell me what else I have to do to get the passenger door panel off? TFAI Sam

Reply to
Demon

remove the screw in the door handle plastic trim , prise the nylon trim panel clips out of their holes use a wide blade screwdriver if you start at the bottom back edge you should get an idea of the postions of the other, note :- you WILL break a number of them they are quite brittle about 70p from Dick Turpin Ford Dealers likely problem is the remote wire from the handle to the lock the retaining clips tend to dislodge and cause problems Derek

Reply to
Derek