P1451 trouble code on 1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier

What does P1451 mean on a 1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier series? I looked up P1451 on the web and I get different answers -- do the trouble codes mean different things for different cars? One site said it had something to do with a passive alarm system, another said it had something to do with malfunctioning solenoids or somesuch.

What does it really mean?? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
derf109

P1451 seems to be an EVAP code. There is a fault in the Evaporative Emissions System. The code points toward the CANP solenoid (Canister Purge Solenoid) but I've seen a lot of Purge Flow sensors fail (it detects the EVAP Purge flow to determine if the CANP solenoid opens). On some cars, Ford recommends replacing both the valve and the sensor. My car? I'd replace both.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Check here:

SC Tom