Town Car 2003 Cartier Power Trunk Problem

Hello All,

I am having a problem with my Town Car.

It's a 2003 Lincoln Town Car. With my keyless entry pod, when I press to unlock/lock the doors, everything works fine.

But, when I click my pod to open the power trunk (and even when i use the button on the driver side door), it does not open. (I do hear a light -click-click- type sound, as if it did send some type of signal as it used to. I now have to use my key to manually open the trunk.

When I open the trunk with the key, it opens fine, nothing in the way, and when I manually close it (when it nears the bottom), the motor closes the trunk automatically, as it should.

Is this an electronic problem, or could it be a programming feature?

Any help would be deeply appreciated!

Reply to
MM

replying to MM, Garcia P wrote: The same thing is happening to my 03 LTC, I read some common faults that is the actuator motor, but I don't think that's the problem because there is no lights too, I tried to play with the black box that says DELPHI I unplug it and plug it in and the lights wanted to comeback but ther is a noise and nothing happens, but I think is that black box, I tried to buy one on eBay is not to expensive but then I read that is going to need some codes from the dealer, I'm not so sure about it, if anyone fix that problem please share Thanks

Reply to
Garcia P

Well, thank GOODNESS you replied to that post from 2004 - I just hope the OP hasn't been sitting around for ELEVEN years waiting for a reply.

Reply to
Evan Platt

On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:15:20 -0800, Evan Platt wrote in

He posted from

using MotorsForum's Web, Mobile and Social Media Interface to alt.autos.ford and other automotive groups Typical clueless web-poster.

Reply to
VinnyB

I thought the same thing at first, until I read the whole post. He's really asking for help with his car, not offering a solution to the original post :-) (My guess is English is not his primary language.)

Reply to
SC Tom

Yep, that may be right.

But for chrissake, start a new thread, don't reply to a 11 year old post....

Reply to
Evan Platt

Good point, but he probably came across that article from a Google search, and figured that would be a good place to look for a reply/solution to his problem. Just guessing all this; I don't know Garcia P.

Reply to
SC Tom