Ranger Clutch Problem!

Lately every once and a while it would grind going into gear. It does have alot of miles on it (170k) but then one morning I went out to start the engine and when putting it in gear it would'nt go. I shut the engine off and it went into gear easy as pie. Goes into gear fine when not running. Start the engine no way....help!!!!

Reply to
papagreg

Your clutch is now gone. KB

papagreg wrote:

Reply to
Thundersnake #9 remove spam to reply

If it wasnt slipping or shuddering previously, your clutch is probably NOT gone... if you have a hydraulic clutch, the slave cylinder may need replaced.

Thundersnake #9 remove spam to reply opined in news:bkd3va$vth$ snipped-for-privacy@ins22.netins.net:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Or it could be a master cylinder, or it could be just low on fluid. They don't hold much and a lot of them rarely get checked. Bob

Reply to
Bob