94 Ranger Stalling while driving

94 Ranger, 2.3 L engine, 5 speed manual trans. Stalls while driving. I can drive it around for some time and without warning stalls, like it ran out of gas. Everything electrical is still on, radio, and lights. I've tried to pop the clunch, or start it while still rolling and it will not start until I turn off the key, starter works. It will then start right back up, and run fine. Recently I had a check engine light problem. Changed the folllowing: Plugs, plug wires, EGR valve, O2 sensor, coil packs, cat converter, vacumm hoses Changed fuel filter a couple of months ago. Still had problems. Took it to a mechanic and he changed the ECM (PCM ?) O2 sensor,and another module ?. He cleaned up some bad electrical wiring, checked the fuel pressure.Took care of check engine light problem, truck runs great, but now I have this have this problem with stalling. And yes I have took it back, hard to find it while everything works fine.

Has anyone experieced this problem, and what did you do about it? Thanks, appreciate the help.

Reply to
Mrbill

I would look to the crankshaft position sensor as the likely candidate. A corroded connection or a bad sensor, that is exactly what happens when they go bad and I don't know of a way to check them, but they will kill all of the electrical to the engine even going down the highway.

Reply to
ihcnut via CarKB.com

Thanks, I'll look into that. Appreciate the help.

Reply to
Mrbill