Re: 96 windstar

My 98 Windstar, just sold at 216K. Also the 3.8 mfg in Canada. Engine started to hesitate and I wanted a new vehicle. So I sold it a few weeks back. I didn't want to put any money into the van. Anyway, I had THAT
problem twice, once about 123K and once near 196K.
Both time, I went to Pepboys and had the transmission flushed, and new filter, and the problem went away.
NOT TO SAY THAT THIS WILL SOLVE your problem, just advising what I did.
It was a great vehicle, only replaced the alternator about 103K, beside normal maintained.
Good luck!

Thanks for the info. This one did it once before, the throttle position sensor, and the speed sensor were replaced, which cured it for a couple of years. I wasn't driven a whole lot for the first year and a half after that. Probably not the same cause. For now, the problem has gone away again.
Steve.