Re: Will America be stupid enough to let US auto industry fail??

Huh? The borrowed money is held by the US, they borrowed it from china. Now we owe the money to china. When the notes are due the US will pay them and will print money to do so if that's what it takes. As they come due and we pay china with dollars then they use those dollars to either buy more notes and earn more interest or to buy the remains of GM FORD CHRYSLER. Either way, China currently "owns" a huge chunk of the US. Which would you rather then own, some pieces of paper (treasury notes) or our entire manufacturing base???